Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

My First Beauty Review!

Deciding on my 2nd review evidently did not take as long as my 1st... I've decided to do a review on one of my favourite beauty products. Please bear in mind and I wish to repeat that I'm no expert at the stuffs I review on this blog... unless its a legal document and even then, I would hardly call myself an expert :)

Genre: Beauty
Subject matter: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil

As you can see I have quite a few hehe. I kindda got tired of wearing black liner all the time, so when I saw these pencils at Sephora in Paris, I thought it'd be a great alternative. Also, eyeshadow + humid KL weather + my oilly skin = no-go.  

I always get very suspicious of beauty products which claim that they're long-lasting. This one goes as far as claiming it lasts 24/7! So I wasn't terribly disappointed when the colour faded slightly after 8 hours of wear because to me, it faired better than I expected. However, when paired with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion (which works wonders, btw), the colour does stay put till the end of the day.




Another thing I really liked about the pencils are that it glides on your eyelids very easily. So you can  spend less than a minute every morning putting them on, which is great for people like me who are constantly late for work :)



The pencils come in a variety of colours. I tend to go more for the browns and greens (I heard that green is supposed to make brown eyes pop!). You can check them out at Sephora. I don't think you can get Urban Decay here in KL, though you can watch out for it once Sephora opens up in KL (the Sephora in Singapore carries it).

My favourite colours are:

1. Rockstar

This pencil is a dark purple colour. It looks really pretty on the eyes


2. Stash 

This is a greenish-gold colour and it's simply super! Really makes the eyes pop


3. Baked

This is my favourite goldish-brownish pencil of the lot

Verdict: The colours are great and the pencils glide on really well. Though I suggest to layer on Urban Decay's Eye Primer as a base to make it last.

No comments:

Post a Comment